Richard W Jerrido (rjerrido [at] outsidaz [dot] org)
Expert in systems management, deployment and integration with 15+ years of experience.
- Twitter @SideAngleSide
- LinkedIn @richjerrido
- Red Hat Customer Portal Profile @richjerrido (Note: You need a Red Hat Network Account to see additional information.)
- Github @SideAngleSide
References & Work Samples
- RHN Satellite Channel Lifecycle Management with spacewalk-clone-by-date
- Extended Update Support Standard Operating Environment Guide
- Red Hat Satellite 6 and Puppet Enterprise Integration
Professional Certifications & Skills
- Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) – Certificate# 110-395-290
- Red Hat Datacenter Specialist (RHCDS)
- Red Hat Security Specialist (RHCSS),
- Red Hat Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer/Administrator (MCSE/MCSA)
- ITIL Foundations v3
RED HAT, INC.
NEW YORK NY
Principal Product Manager, Red Hat Satellite
01 Apr 2017 to Present
- Developed and maintained a strategic roadmap and delivery plan in support of solving market and customer problems
- Tracked and consolidated customer feedback, market data, and competitive solutions to ensure the creation of a differentiating offering with firm market fit
- Defined and documented market problems and opportunities and promote customer personas, user stories, and business cases as part of the specification of our offerings and the socialization process
- Collaborated with other product managers to coordinate their roadmaps to ensure suite and solution success
- Created and deliver product demonstrations and roadmap briefings to all kinds of audiences in different venues
- Worked closely with the Product Marketing team to develop positioning and go-to-market strategies; serve as an evangelist to inform and educate the user community
- Ensured cross-functional collaboration with Engineering, Support, Documentation, Marketing, and other teams to deliver high-quality solutions on time and budget
RED HAT, INC.
NEW YORK NY
Principal Technical Product Marketing Manager, Red Hat Satellite
01 Sep 2014 to 31 Mar 2017
- Developed internal and customer facing training for Red Hat Satellite
- Created integration scripts and reporting
- Create the Red Hat Satellite Github organization to facilitate collaboration between Red Hat & Red Hat Satellite customers.
- Creates and delivers external content like demos, blogs, tweets, how-to videos, papers, articles, etc.
- Creates and delivers internal content like technical selling materials
- Coordinates other resources across Red Hat to create and deliver content as needed
- Delivers impactful presentations at key industry and Red Hat events to relevant audiences
- Trains Solutions Architects and other technical field personnel, as well as partner technical personnel, on Red Hat Satellite and other associated management products
- Communicates requirements and product improvement opportunities to relevant product stakeholders
RED HAT, INC.
NEW YORK NY
Principal Solutions Architect
20 Sep 2010 to 31 Aug 2014
- Prominent member of the Systems Management SME team.
- Developed solutions guides focused on various Systems Management topics such as patch management, Standard Operating Environments, and advanced architecture of Red Hat’s Systems Management Portfolio.
- Developed various custom scripts to provide integration and custom reporting capabilities
- Led and developed Puppet & Satellite Training for the SA Community
- Current maintainer of the SA Community’s Satellite & Subscription Asset Manager Lab
- Lead the gathering of architecture, design, and presentation of solutions to meet the prospect’s needs.
- Provided a technical point of contact for prospects, customers and the sales team.
- Research and write the responses to technical sections of RFI/RFPs.
- Drive and support pre-sales pilots, demonstrations, PoCs, evaluations and benchmarks.
WEST NORRITON PA
Linux Administrator/ Team Lead
13 Aug 2007 to 17 Sep 2010
* Served as the Technical Lead for Quest Diagnostics’ Linux team
* Designed disaster recovery plans using EMC’s SRDF replication framework to deliver much lower Recover
Time Objectives (RTO) for system recoveries.
* Deployed Red Hat Certificate Server to support Cisco’s Configuration Engine router management product.
* Standardized the environment on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
* Integrated the Linux environment with Active Directory providing a Single Sign On (SSO) solution.
* Using rsyslog & mysql, deployed a custom syslog reporting solution for system alerts and notifications.
* Deployed Red Hat Satellite Server with custom repositories to provide a stable management solution for the
* Deployed Active/Active MySQL clusters using Redhat Cluster Suite for supporting internal applications built on
the LAMP stack.
Lead Disaster Recovery Specialist
13 July 2005 to 6 Aug 2007
* Supported multiple SunGard clients with disaster recovery planning and testing
* Designed disaster recovery plans for Active Directory, Linux, and Exchange 2000/2003 clustered environments
* Developed a recovery package based on the Windows Pre-Installation Environment (Windows PE) for
recovering Windows, Linux, and UNIX serversNET2 TECHNOLOGY GROUP
NET2 TECHNOLOGY GROUP
13 December 2004 to 20 July 2005
* Developed, tested and implemented Linux and BSD based appliance servers for spam filtering and intrusion
* Developed consolidated server maintenance & monitoring solution for over 30 servers using VBScript, ADSI,
and WMI scripting.
Network / Security Specialist
BALA CYNWYD PA
15 June 2004 to 29 November 2004
* Managed WatchGuard firewalls and developed network security policy.
* Migrated Domain Controllers from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003
* Created a custom monitoring system to instantly alert of server issues.
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
OKINAWA JAPAN, ALBANY GA
20 September 1999 to 19 September 2003
* Created routing solutions using Cisco 2600, 3600, 4000 & 7200 series routers
* Helped design and install the Marine Corps’ first deployment of Windows 2000 / Active Directory / Exchange
* Implemented public key infrastructure system for secure email and authentication
Network Support Specialist
16 May 2001 to 20 May 2002
MARINE CORPS COMMUNICATION ELECTRONICS SCHOOL
Small Computer Specialist Course
Certificate 29 PALMS CA
7 March 2000 to 4 May 2000
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
Diploma PHILADELPHIA PA
4 Sept 1995 to 17 June 1999